By LaDonna Williams
What a week in the NFL pre-season this week. This blog will be a weekly round-up of what has happened in the NFL every week. Let’s take a look at key injuries that happened within the past week.
- On July 28th, Browns defensive lineman Desmond Bryant out for the season after tearing his pectoral muscle.
- On Aug 1st, Chargers wide receiver Stevie Johnson tore his meniscus, his season is doubtful. We won’t know his timetable until he has surgery.
- On Aug. 2nd, Steelers cornerback Senquez Golson season ended before it even started. He had surgery at the end of July, on his shoulder. He will be out for the rest of the year.
- On Aug 3rd, Cowboys backup quarterback Kellen Moore broke his ankle and he is more than likely done for the season.
- On Aug 4th, Bengals William Jackson tore his pectoral muscle his season is done, but Coach Marvin Lewis is hoping otherwise.
- On Aug 5th, Redskins linebacker Steven Daniels tore his labrum (shoulder) he is out for the season. Ravens defensive end Bronson Kaufusi broke his ankle, done for the season.
- On Aug 7th, Bills linebacker Reggie Ragland went down with an injury to his knee. The Bills haven’t released to the public the severity of the injury yet, but they already signed Brandon Spikes to the team. This injury doesn’t sound good for the rookie.
Things that make you go hmm?
What is going on in San Diego? The season starts in a month and they still haven’t signed their number 3 pick Joey Bosa. The talks between the two are at a stalemate. He is the last NFL draft pick to be signed in the NFL.
For the last few weeks there have been articles stating the Los Angeles Rams couldn’t find their running back Tre Mason. Family member were worried about his mental well-being. Over this weekend Mason was found at his mother’s house in Florida.
Key moves around the NFL
The Atlanta Falcons signed veteran pass rusher Dwight Freeney. The Falcons needed this pickup, because the team as a whole had the lowest number of sacks (19) out of the whole league. They also signed veteran wide receiver Lance Moore.
The Kansas City Chiefs signed quarterback Nick Foles to a one-year deal. Foles is reunited with Coach Andy Reid, who drafted him to the Philadelphia Eagles.
Hall of Fame Weekend
This past weekend was the Hall of Fame weekend in Canton, Ohio. On Saturday, we all saw the 2016 class give their speeches and receiver their gold jackets. This year’s class included coach Tony Dungy, Brett Favre, Marvin Harrison, Orlando Pace, Kevin Greene, Eddie DeBartolo Jr., Ken Stabler and Dick Stanfel.
On Sunday, the Hall of Fame Game between Green Bay Packers Vs Colts was cancelled. The game was cancelled due to poor field conditions. What happened was someone painted the center of the field with the incorrect paint. Made the field feel hard and made it dangerous. The NFL cancelled the game, because they were afraid of player’s safety.
Check out next week’s blog for this week’s updates on what is happening in the NFL.